Josh Corbelli has owned small businesses, developed and promoted products, and worked with small and micro businesses, and large organizations. As such, he understands the needs and challenges faced by organizations of all sizes and consults with leaders to develop viable strategies that incorporate all aspects of marketing to positively affect the bottom line.
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
A proven leader with eight years of direct experience including in-house, agency, and freelance experience focusing on SEO, PPC, social media, e-commerce, PR, and product development.
Seasoned Digital Marketer who consistently tackles challenging projects, develops new products and builds exceptional teams. Applies knowledge of holistic marketing approaches to improve ROI for company and customer. Natural leader who recognizes opportunities and develops strategies for bridging knowledge gaps. Exercises innovative mindset with proven results in product development. Currently self-learning Mandarin.
CORE PROFESSIONAL STRENGTHS
- On-site SEO
- Organic Traffic Growth
- PPC Management
- Web Analytics
- e-Commerce Optimization
- Enterprise Platform Mgmt.
- Website Development
- Marketing Consulting
- Process Streamlining
- Product Development
- Collaborative Projects
- Multi-Channel Campaign
MY TOOL ARSENAL INCLUDES
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist | FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters | March 2014 – Present | Remote
- Promoted to Senior position within 10 months of hire by demonstrating firm grasp of digital marketing principles and leading teams in new DM initiatives.
- Mentored new employees and served as a source of knowledge and guidance for multiple digital marketing teams.
- Influenced the development of new customer-focused product additions by leveraging experience and negotiating variables across multiple departments.
- Managed a team to explore external content placement and syndication opportunities, develop relationships with website properties, and improve cross-department workflow for fulfillment.
- Built trust from leaders and managers, which recently led to overseeing the completion and ongoing maintenance for an internal resource developed by management.
- Created and launched two internal resource websites used by more than 100 team members by recognizing opportunity for information enhancement across departments.
- Recognized as having achieved positive ROI for portfolio of premium clients by revisiting goals and expectations and developing comprehensive strategies for goal achievement.
SEO Strategist | FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business | May 2013 – March 2014 | Northern California
- Managed a portfolio of clients with average annual spends of $75k-$130k and improved ROI.
- Resolved clients facing consequences of algorithm updates by providing guidance and leadership in all aspects of SEO (on-site, off-site, PR, social media).
- Won recognition by management as an expert by increasing organic search traffic for top-tier clients.
- Directed teams of content writers, bloggers, designers, developers and article writers to provide meaningful solutions and results to clients.
- Established client expectations and identified correlating metrics for success.
- Developed multi-channel optimization strategies for achieving those metrics.
Digital Marketing Manager | LGH Marketing/Strategy | March 2011 – Present | Northern California
- Developed holistic marketing strategies for clients in the public and private sectors, including county offices of education, health, and multi-organization collaborative efforts.
- Established myself as an authority in digital marketing by creating and delivering on-site presentations and instructional seminars on SEO and website development.
- Guided clients to create comprehensive brand identity, USPs and key differentiating factors.
- Boosted organic and local traffic through thorough marketing research and segmentation and identifying emerging trends and markets.
- Strategic planning, including business plan development, sales strategy and channel development.
Partner, Cofounder | Get Fresh SEO | Northern California
- Provided on-site optimization for a chain of shoe stores with 26 locations throughout California.
- Developed social media strategy for a college scholarship intermediary that grew engagement by 250% in three months.
Know Opportunity™: Co-created and launched an entrepreneurial board game and full 36-week curriculum developed to introduce high school students to the fundamentals of global entrepreneurship. Led research and communication with six international audiences; identified market opportunities; solicited feedback from economic development organizations, game shops, high schools and universities; drafted international licensing agreement for two countries; was granted Trademark protection; and secured a write-up in Forbes.
My Scary World©: Co-created a middle school career exploration website that tracks users’ interests and data to compile a comprehensive career path profile. Secured funding for development through the California Endowment; currently leading development of a Spanish-translated version; managed site development using data from nationally recognized institutions (ONET, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Holland Codes); developed methodology to give administrators access to career interest data by school, district and region; secured Copyright protection.
University of California, Santa Barbara | 2003 – 2006 | Santa Barbara, CA
- B.A., English Literature
- Departmental Honors
- Founded, served as president of first university-recognized English Club