- March 10, 2012
- Posted by:
- Category: Blog, Creative, Search Engine Optimization, Strategy, Website
A website can be one of your most powerful tools in your arsenal for increasing sales and recognition within your business. But only if people can find it. If not, it’s costing you money. And businesses don’t survive by losing money.
Too often I hear a business tell me that they “already have a website” even if the content hasn’t changed in five years, the site name is too specific to be found in a basic search, the site navigation is so poorly designed you feel nauseous from all the scrolling down, there is no search engine optimization strategy (SEO) and the site is actually just an outdated blog the owner once started in his spare time.
A website is so much more than just a place to make “extra sales” for those customer’s that can’t get to your store. It is so much more than just an online brochure. A website can do all sorts of amazingly beneficial things for your business – and it should be. It is your business representative – available to interact and make an impression with customers and potential customers 24/7. It never sleeps, it’s never closed, it never takes a break. So what is it doing for you?
- How does your website function now?
- What kind of data capture and customer follow up does it generate for you now?
- How well is your brand integrated into the overall design of your website?
- Does your website currently link to social media or other partners and affiliates?
- What is your ranking in a term search and what key words are your customers using?
- When was the last time you updated your site?
These are just some of the many, many questions that a qualified web designer will ask. The most important thing is to make sure that your website is a central part of your overall marketing strategy. Even if you never use your site for actual sales, you should be using your site to inform your customers and potential customers. Without a good website, viral marketing will be ineffective or non-existent, which is one of your most cost effective forms of marketing!
At the end of 2011, there were more than 345 MILLION websites out there and more being generated every day. It’s time to make yours work for you – otherwise its just another web address out in cyberspace (in a galaxy far, far away)!