Often practicing in a larger firm means 60-hour work weeks and lots of time away from your family and friends. Many experienced law professionals are looking for better ways to balance work and family and to have more flexibility in their practice. Going solo gives you the ability to choose the cases that interest you and build your practice around your passions. It allows you to set up an office at home if you like and control your workload. Would you like to be able to manage your schedule, have more time in the summer, and more time to be involved in your kid’s school activities, sports, and dance? Read on.
- While there are many benefits to having a solo firm you also need to be able to wear many hats and manage a lot of details on your own so knowing where to turn for support and help is crucial.
- The reward is the freedom to create a life on your terms!
- To be a successful solo practitioner you need to develop good time management skills, develop a solid client base, and have a good support system.
2020 Super Lawyers nomination window is open!
Even if you’ve been selected in the past, you need to make sure your profile is up to date to be considered. Set up a 20-minute review to make sure you’re positioned for success in the selection process.
- Working on invoices, affidavits, and answering client calls all at the same time can be overwhelming and ineffective. That is why it is important to block certain times of the day for certain tasks such as phone calls and emails, billing and administrative tasks, and client meetings and drafting. There are many ways to develop a client base such as referrals, Craigslist ads, volunteering, and appearing on lists to help people who do not qualify for free services. There are also many places to find support such as online legal communities, listservs, and your local Bar Association. Solo practice can feel isolating but, Thomson Reuters and FindLaw can be a support in all of these areas. They can help develop your client base, help with your website, provide reports that let you know where to focus your marketing, and they even have a Legal Community for small law firms that is free to customers.
- Here’s Why It Matters to You. FindLaw can help you manage the details of your practice so you are able to concentrate on your family and the clients that you are passionate about.
- I have successfully helped many professionals in the area make the transition to a successful solo practice. To learn more set up a free consultation by clicking below.
Josh is a brilliant marketer
Josh is a brilliant marketer and phenomenal results-driven digital marketing strategist. He’s great at bringing new ideas to the table and more importantly, making sure they are executed at a high level.
He stays on top of the trends, he’s diligent and he’s enjoyable to work with. I genuinely enjoy working with Josh and can recommend him as an asset to any organization looking for marketing expertise.
You would be fortunate to have Josh
I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with Josh for several years now. Josh is an approachable, efficient, team leader in an incredibly competitive legal industry. When you work with Josh it quickly becomes apparent that he has an extensive knowledge of digital marketing combined with a creative and keen sense of knowing what your specific needs are, and how to best create and implement a successful marketing strategy for your company. In a world that literally changes daily, you would be fortunate to have Josh as your quarterback leading your team.
I would definitely recommend Josh
I’ve had the pleasure of working with Josh for several years. Josh has always gone above and beyond for our firm. His expertise and forwarding thinking approach to our marketing needs has helped us succeed. I would definitely recommend Josh for anyone who is looking to effectively grow their law practice.
Josh is great!
Josh is great! He’s accessible, responsive and is incredibly knowledgeable. He’s always around to help me no matter how mundane my issue or stupid my question. I always enjoy meeting with him, and I’ve seen incredible results from his work. Cannot recommend Josh Corbelli enough.