Although some people still do searches on their desktops, most people use their mobile phones which means content needs to be designed with a five-inch screen in mind. While a mobile-friendly website that was designed for desktop but available on mobile is necessary, preferably your website will be optimized for mobile, or designed for mobile devices in the first place, and then ideally it will be responsive, meaning it will also reformat based on the device the viewer is using.
- Even though the majority of legal consumers use a mobile phone to find an attorney, many of the websites they are landing on are not designed for mobile.
- Studies show people are 90% more likely to recommend a firm whose website performs well on a phone.
- Below are a few tips for designing a website in a way that will provide a positive viewing experience for potential clients.
2020 Super Lawyers nomination window is open!
Even if you’ve been selected in the past, you need to make sure your profile is up to date to be considered. Set up a 20-minute review to make sure you’re positioned for success in the selection process.
- The first thing the viewer sees is similar to a newspaper’s front page. That is where you will either gain their attention or lose it. Make sure it includes essential information the prospect is looking for such as what practice area you specialize in and the contact information, so they do not have to spend a lot of time looking for it. People are on the go and have short attention spans. That is why it is important to tell them what they need to know with as few words as possible. Google research has shown that if someone waits longer than three seconds for a page to load, they will leave the site. So be sure to keep the file sizes down for pictures and videos which result in slow load times. Creating white space on the screen provides focal points that guide your viewer to what you want them to see and do. A font size of 16 is easiest to read at farther distances in natural light which is typically how a mobile user will view the screen. Make sure that your contact information is on every screen to make it easy for them to contact you when they are ready.
- Here’s Why It Matters To You. For most clients, their first impression of your firm will be how your website appears on their mobile phone. Make sure they do not click to another law firm because of a poor first impression.
- I have successfully helped many small firms in the area optimize their firm’s website for mobile. Set up your free consultation by clicking below.
Josh is a brilliant marketer
Josh is a brilliant marketer and phenomenal results-driven digital marketing strategist. He’s great at bringing new ideas to the table and more importantly, making sure they are executed at a high level.
He stays on top of the trends, he’s diligent and he’s enjoyable to work with. I genuinely enjoy working with Josh and can recommend him as an asset to any organization looking for marketing expertise.
You would be fortunate to have Josh
I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with Josh for several years now. Josh is an approachable, efficient, team leader in an incredibly competitive legal industry. When you work with Josh it quickly becomes apparent that he has an extensive knowledge of digital marketing combined with a creative and keen sense of knowing what your specific needs are, and how to best create and implement a successful marketing strategy for your company. In a world that literally changes daily, you would be fortunate to have Josh as your quarterback leading your team.
I would definitely recommend Josh
I’ve had the pleasure of working with Josh for several years. Josh has always gone above and beyond for our firm. His expertise and forwarding thinking approach to our marketing needs has helped us succeed. I would definitely recommend Josh for anyone who is looking to effectively grow their law practice.
Josh is great!
Josh is great! He’s accessible, responsive and is incredibly knowledgeable. He’s always around to help me no matter how mundane my issue or stupid my question. I always enjoy meeting with him, and I’ve seen incredible results from his work. Cannot recommend Josh Corbelli enough.