Paying attention to details is essential to creating a positive first impression to legal customers who can easily and quickly click on the next firm if they fill amiss with yours. This is why it is so essential for small firms to take an active and well thought out approach to first images and impressions potential clients are seeing on their website and social media. 90% of people feel that an attorney’s reputation is a top priority in choosing an attorney and 70% use the internet and online reviews to make that determination.
- “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.”
- Most people form an opinion of your firm in the first 30 seconds of making contact.
- Here are five areas to concentrate on to create a positive first impression for prospective clients: prepare your website, improve site visibility, handle online reviews, create a social media presence, and pay attention to the little things.
Set up a 20-minute review .
- Ask what message, tone, and information your website projects to the viewer. Is it organized in a way where information can be obtained easily? Is your contact information prominently displayed? Do you have a solid SEO strategy in place that is driving traffic to your website that converts into paying clientele? Make sure you are listed on sites like Google My Business and Findlaw that help people find your firm and give them a chance to review what past clients are saying about you. Create an action plan for handling negative reviews and be diligent in addressing them. Regularly post and tweet messages on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter that are consistent with the message you are using on your website. Pay attention to operational details such as the message, tone, and process your employees are using on phone calls with potential clients. Listen to each unique need before moving ahead with your credentials and fees. Treat everyone with courtesy, respect, and empathy.
- Here’s Why It Matters To You. By making a positive first impression you can end the online search of prospective legal clients with your firm.
- I have successfully helped many small firms in the area give their prospective clients a first impression that emphasizes their firm’s best qualities. Set up a free consultation by clicking below.