The internet contains millions of websites and the competition among law firms is fierce. A good SEO strategy is an extremely important part of any marketing plan. Most potential clients will never look past the first page of a Google search. You can buy a spot on the first page of Google, but you cannot buy an organic search. It is SEO that looks at the 200 ranking criteria that Google algorithms use to make sure you show up on the first page of Google organically.
- Organic searches get 90% of clicks compared to paid advertisements getting only 10%.
- Therefore, if people are not clicking on your firm organically, you will miss 90% of the searches done by potential clients.
- By conducting an SEO audit you can evaluate your website itself, your website content, and areas outside of your website such as link building, directories, and your Google My Business profile to make sure you rank above your competition.
- and don’t neglect the Local SEO (Google Maps) element – making the local 3-pack boosts your traffic significantly (and in the legal vertical it’s a hugely competitive place to rank).
2020 Super Lawyers nomination window is open!
Even if you’ve been selected in the past, you need to make sure your profile is up to date to be considered. Set up a 20-minute review to make sure you’re positioned for success in the selection process.
- A good audit will look at page titles, meta descriptions, H1 and H2 tags, and the alt tags on your website itself. These are tags that are used to describe your website and images on your website to Google. When evaluating your content an audit will look at all text on your site including the home page, practice area pages, bios, blogs, FAQs and more. It will evaluate your competitor’s content as well so that you can create the right keywords to improve on what they have done and rank higher than them. You want to make sure that the links to your website are coming from high-quality sources, that the directories you list on are well respected and use “do follow links”, and that the information on your Google My Business Profile is consistent and accurate compared to other places you show on the internet. These are just a few of the things that will be included in a good SEO Audit.
- Here’s Why It Matters To You. Law firms that rank higher in search engine searches are seen as more reliable and trustworthy than their peers. Boosting your SEO will give you an advantage over your competitors with very little time, money, or effort on your part. In fact, compared to other marketing strategies, the return on investment for SEO is much higher.
- Summarize Action Plan. Keep it fairly high-level and mention that I have successfully helped many small firms in the area succeed in this endeavor. And they can set up a free consultation by clicking below.
Josh is a brilliant marketer
Josh is a brilliant marketer and phenomenal results-driven digital marketing strategist. He’s great at bringing new ideas to the table and more importantly, making sure they are executed at a high level.
He stays on top of the trends, he’s diligent and he’s enjoyable to work with. I genuinely enjoy working with Josh and can recommend him as an asset to any organization looking for marketing expertise.
You would be fortunate to have Josh
I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with Josh for several years now. Josh is an approachable, efficient, team leader in an incredibly competitive legal industry. When you work with Josh it quickly becomes apparent that he has an extensive knowledge of digital marketing combined with a creative and keen sense of knowing what your specific needs are, and how to best create and implement a successful marketing strategy for your company. In a world that literally changes daily, you would be fortunate to have Josh as your quarterback leading your team.
I would definitely recommend Josh
I’ve had the pleasure of working with Josh for several years. Josh has always gone above and beyond for our firm. His expertise and forwarding thinking approach to our marketing needs has helped us succeed. I would definitely recommend Josh for anyone who is looking to effectively grow their law practice.
Josh is great!
Josh is great! He’s accessible, responsive and is incredibly knowledgeable. He’s always around to help me no matter how mundane my issue or stupid my question. I always enjoy meeting with him, and I’ve seen incredible results from his work. Cannot recommend Josh Corbelli enough.