Marketing is a necessary part of the budget of any law firm. Deciding how much to spend and how to spend it can be complicated and will differ from one law firm to another. No matter what goals your firm has for growth this year, these tips should give you a good start preparing your budget.
- People who write down their goals are 42% more likely to achieve them.
- Spending marketing money on the most effective strategies will improve your marketing results and bring in more qualified leads.
- When preparing a marketing budget, you will want to: 1. List this year’s goals, 2. Check results from last year’s plan, 3. Create a revised plan to best accomplish your goals, and 4. Consider using a marketing firm.
2020 Super Lawyers nomination window is open!
Even if you’ve been selected in the past, you need to make sure your profile is up to date to be considered. Set up a 20-minute review to make sure you’re positioned for success in the selection process.
- When listing your goals, think of a hard number that identifies the amount you need to grow. This will make it easier to set a concrete budget. You can look at industry trends to determine how much you may need to spend. Most firms spend between 5% – 15% of their revenue. With the number of people using the internet to find a lawyer, 50%- 60% of that should go toward digital marketing. Google Analytics gives tons of information about what blog posts, emails, ads, and web pages were most effective. Build on these successes and look for ways to improve areas you identify as key to reaching your target market but under performed last year. Decide which marketing channels look most promising for achieving your stated goals and look beyond your website to ideas such as directories and social media reviews. Then define goals for each of the channels you feel are most likely to succeed so you will be able to better formulate strategies and tactics for each channel. Remember, a budget isn’t just about money. Time is also a factor. Consider consulting an experienced marketing professional for guidance.
- Here’s Why It Matters To You. Budgeting for a professional that can customize and implement your marketing plan gives you more time to focus on your law firm and yourself.
- I have helped many small firms in the area develop effective digital marketing campaigns that grow their practice and improve their return on investment. To get started on your 2020 marketing plans, set up a free consultation by clicking below.
Josh is a brilliant marketer
Josh is a brilliant marketer and phenomenal results-driven digital marketing strategist. He’s great at bringing new ideas to the table and more importantly, making sure they are executed at a high level.
He stays on top of the trends, he’s diligent and he’s enjoyable to work with. I genuinely enjoy working with Josh and can recommend him as an asset to any organization looking for marketing expertise.
You would be fortunate to have Josh
I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with Josh for several years now. Josh is an approachable, efficient, team leader in an incredibly competitive legal industry. When you work with Josh it quickly becomes apparent that he has an extensive knowledge of digital marketing combined with a creative and keen sense of knowing what your specific needs are, and how to best create and implement a successful marketing strategy for your company. In a world that literally changes daily, you would be fortunate to have Josh as your quarterback leading your team.
I would definitely recommend Josh
I’ve had the pleasure of working with Josh for several years. Josh has always gone above and beyond for our firm. His expertise and forwarding thinking approach to our marketing needs has helped us succeed. I would definitely recommend Josh for anyone who is looking to effectively grow their law practice.
Josh is great!
Josh is great! He’s accessible, responsive and is incredibly knowledgeable. He’s always around to help me no matter how mundane my issue or stupid my question. I always enjoy meeting with him, and I’ve seen incredible results from his work. Cannot recommend Josh Corbelli enough.